Here are a few tips that I have personally found to make things easier.
- If a driver does a good deed for you wave thank you.
- Ride close to the side of the road, but not dangerously close.
- Ride in single file, drivers hate bunches and two up’s, even if it’s ok with the law, it’s high on the driver irritant list.
- If you are cycling up a steep, twisty narrow road at a slow pace, and there is a driver behind you, do the courteous thing and pull off to the side where convenient and let the driver pass by.
- If there is a driver behind you for a while because of narrow roads, when the road opens, wave to thank the driver.
- Don’t flip drivers off, unless you are certain they will not turn round and run you over. Sucking it up is better than dying.