The rain season is just around the corner in the Pac North West. Before we know it we will be under some solid doses of drizzle and showers, so it’s time to look at new options from local company, Showerspass who make outdoor cycling gear. I wanted to find something with a mass of multi-functions for both on and off the bike. After having many cycling specific jackets, this time I wanted something a bit broader or more versatile – walk the dog in the rain, use more with a backpack even take on a camping trip or hike while still doing a great job of keeping the rain out.
Enter Showerspass webstore. With a quick scroll through their site, a couple of items caught my eye that could fit a multi-functional need. Atlas and the Odyssey jackets. $279 and $189 respectively. (note: these jackets are also available in a women’s cut, same name and pricing).
Showerspass Atlas Jacket Shown below:
A few key features stood out:
- Removable hood, good for cycling and hikes in the rain 🙂
- The reflective map-print on the jacket looks cool in the daylight and lights up bright at night, keeping you safe.
- Extra material on the shoulders and rugged PU coating means that my backpack will stay put and the jacket will stay waterproof at those points.
- Seam taped jacket means that the fabric panels where stitched internally have a waterproof tape to ensure no water comes in.
- A more “pedestrian fit” meaning not an overly aggressive cycling cut with a short front
- Little things that can make a difference and the addition of a light loop on the back of the jacket, just below the neck is a nice touch, along with the soft flocking around the hood and collar.
More Details, coming soon…..