Timberline Explore Overview
A fresh mix up on the Timberline and West of Government Camp area, mixing up pine covered hard pack trails, dirt, gravel, broken top and even a few miles of smooth road. This ride is in a similar area as Burger Lodge Loop route which was ridden back in 2017
Taking Lower Bridal Path trail was great, a gentle up, pretty smooth in general and a pine needle covered hard dirt pack through the woods, mellow and a nice way to start. Having Timberline lodge in the middle for a cold ale stop on a hot day is a great idea.
- 45miles, 5500 ft
- 90% Off road
- Cyclcocross / Gravel Bike 35c
- Beer at Timberline Lodge
- Great climb and descent up West Leg
- Great views of Hood from near Trillium and West Leg rd.
- Secret skate park
- Instead of jumping right on Still Creek Trail 760 off of the Pioneer Burial Path, take the next road (rd 32) to join it, avoiding a bike and hike steep section of very.
- Moots Routt – Schwalbe G One 35c tyres
- Apidura Frame Bag
There are a ton of routing options many are smaller 1-5mile options. Like taking East Leg up instead of West Leg, or skipping Barlow Rd and taking the smooth top for a break.
Leave a Reply