Parkdale side of Mt. Hood has always been a little bit unexplored on the Gravel bike. I get into this, coming soon. For now here is my first trail.
Parkdale is on the East side of Mt. Hood, a small town with a few good eats and breweries also leads to some unexplored paths that can link up to some cold classics.
- In Progress, not finalized
- Killer views of the east side of mt.hood
- Roads much less travelled
- Easy bailouts to NF16
- Punchy climbs
Tech Notes :
- Active logging roads early, weekday caution.
- Water refills on NF16, one is to right-hand side of road easily accessible. One on left a little more tricky.
- Out of commission areas when dropping to Lawrence lake, caution do a bit of googling before you hit this.
- Around route needs to be confirmed.
- MTB style trail, prepare to hang off back and hit tight corners.
- NF1611 down to lake needs to be explored.
Gear Selection :
- Moots Routt, 35c Schwalbe G One’s Tubeless.
- Water filter is essential.